Restoration of Catholic church and the monastery of Franciscanes
Horodok was existing in 1213 already. The town had castle and military fortification in 1389, when king Yagello transferred Horodok from the Rus law to the Magdeburg law. In 1419 he has founded the Catholic church and the monastery of Franciscanes in Horodok. In 1553 the monastery was extended. In 80-th of the XYIII century the monastery of Franciscanes in Horodok was liquidated and adopted to the military store, the cavalery barracks. In 1996 Studite monks started to renovate these buildings, which were unused for many years and were in bad condition. The historic materials mentioned, that there was “one of the ancient sacred buildings of Rus from times of prevailing of Rus princes.”
Archaeological research, dimensions of the bricks and type of the brickwork confirmed existence of the Old Rus church before its rebuilding on the Catholic church. That is why the main planning decisions were took in the compilations on the theme of Old Rus architecture of Halychyna. There are porch, entrance, nave, alter, sacristy on the ground level of the church. The cross vault, barrel vault, dome were used as the structural elements. The plan of the monastery is similar to the square 28,2 x28 m with the inner courtyard 10,8 x8,20m. The planning structure of the monastery is renovated and the attic story is adopted to the needs of Studite monks .